Minni Egg Hatch

Marshmallow is the one who has been sitting on the eggs so far. I have been wondering what I was going to do with the other eggs if the tiny egg hatched. I was going to take the tiny chick away from her until she hatched the other eggs.
But today it seems as though my other Cochin bantam Dot is on the edge of going broody so if the tiny egg does hatch I'll stick the other eggs under Dot. The only problem is Dot is vicious! She won't let me reach under her to collect eggs anymore (although I do it anyway) and I don't want her to teach her chicks to be afraid of people.

Marshmallow

Dot

Day 4 for other eggs

Last edited:
Day 17 for the tiny egg.
I candled it, still looks like a yolk, I'm 87% sure it's not going to hatch :( sorry folks.

Day 5
I candled the eggs, over half the egg is dark and I can see veins in all of them. :D
There are four, two are Dots (I think) one is from one of our Mille fleurs, and one should be a buff brahma bantam egg. They will all be at least half buff brahma.

This is the father, Pumpkin.

The chicks we ordered still haven't been put in the incubator yet.

Last edited:
Now that I can actually see the chick developing (it helps that the eggs aren't as dark) I am getting excited, I call it Chick Fever. I haven't even told mom I put the eggs under her yet... I should probably do that.

I got home from school and checked on the chickens. Marshmallow was off the best and her eggs were cold. Mom had taken her off. I asked mom How long she had been off the nest and she said a couple hours, she thought she would jump back in her pen.

1f621.png
The eggs might not hatch now.

Understand that the yolk is the source of nutrients and building blocks that make a chick grow and happen. All of the yolk will eventually be absorbed to create that cute little fuzz ball AKA chick.
smile.png
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom