Minorca thread!

Pics
I love them anyway! :)

They are my pets. Such gentle souls.

love.gif
love.gif

I have some very sad news tonight :( Today we took our boy for dubbing (his wound had dried up and practically healed, but the comb was VERY heavy, laying on one eye and he used to stand sad all day). Unfortunately, for God knows what reasons, the bleeding was just too heavy, particularly from the rear side of the comb. It wasn't even cut as a whole comb close to the head, there was some left. The doctors told me the bleeding would resume after a couple of minutes after they already burned and used other means to stop blood. Sadly, he even woke up after the anesthetic, and he was on a drip, but within two hours he passed away at the clinic.

We are so devastated tonight, and so is our doctor because it's his first attempt at dubbing a chicken and it went so wrong for reasons that are hard to explain.

I guess it's like taking your dog to spay/neuter for the better and end up with such an outcome. We wanted to do the best for him, not to have the comb infected again and not to lay on his eye all the time, and we lost him. (And I am sure beating myself up for it)

Thank you so very much, I appreciate it greatly. This is a hard time for us, it's hard to comprehend and we are trying to understand the lessons it has to give us. I believe some we've already taken in. I am so thankful Aleandro was in our lives.

I'm getting a half dozen LF Minorca pullets at the end of this month and I CAN'T WAIT! I've heard nothing but fantastic things about them!

Back
Top Bottom