droolin.gif
and don't forget a little black pepper fresh ground,
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
now I got to go to the cheese factory
lau.gif

but mayo for cooking

Last edited:
It's always been Hellmans for me, but after reading that recipe, I might have to just stick with mustard lol. Sometimes it's better NOT to know what's in it.

Quote:
Never heard of Duke's . Now you started something---May I have a jar for the cost of the mayo + postage and handling and a little xtra??
hide.gif
Do you have Paypal? I could send you $ through that!

Quote:
There are bunches of recipes on the web; here's a good basic one:

http://www.food.com/recipe/homemade-mayonnaise-in-the-blender-92815

Main thing is, drop the oil very slowly, drop by drop for a while. You can alter the ingredients to taste; I agree with Royd's list but a lot of people like a bit of mustard. Lemon juice = vinegar for this; matter of taste.

I'm going to have to try this recipe. I have one question though. I have another recipe that calls for raw egg yolks and lemon. Does the lemon "cook" the egg yolks. I'm hesitant to use uncooked eggs.

Edited to add" I use both, it depends on what I'm making. Ranch dressing DEFINITELY needs mayo. Same with deviled eggs. Potato salad, macaroni salad, where I don't mind if that flavor comes through, I use Miracle Whip.

Last edited:
Quote:
There are bunches of recipes on the web; here's a good basic one:

http://www.food.com/recipe/homemade-mayonnaise-in-the-blender-92815

Main thing is, drop the oil very slowly, drop by drop for a while. You can alter the ingredients to taste; I agree with Royd's list but a lot of people like a bit of mustard. Lemon juice = vinegar for this; matter of taste.

I'm going to have to try this recipe. I have one question though. I have another recipe that calls for raw egg yolks and lemon. Does the lemon "cook" the egg yolks. I'm hesitant to use uncooked eggs.

I think it's more of a preservative. That's the difference between mayo and Miracle Whip...MW is actually pastuerized with heat...Mayo is raw.

Back
Top Bottom