Miramontes Family First Flock

Miramontes

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 12, 2014
Hi Everyone!
Thank you so much for the information and supportive comments each of you add to backyard chickens. We have started our first flock. 2 RIR 2 Dominique 1 California White and 1 Americauna all in their first week. My husband is in the yard building a coop from pallets for when the chicks out grow their little heat lamped nursery. The kids are reading about chickens and holding them, with a timer set for ten minutes. This has been so fun and educational. I will take any suggestions to help bring us to speed and bring our children up to speed and foster the love with the chickens. Thanks Again.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sounds like you are doing a great job with the chicks and the kids! As long as the kids know how to handle the babies and don't keep them away from the food, water and heat too long, you are doing great!

Have you stopped by our learning center yet? Lots of helpful tips and hints on raising your new babies to adulthood....https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Enjoy this new adventure you are on! If you have any questions along the way, you know where we are. Welcome to our flock!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sounds like you have a cute little flock! X2 on be sure to check out the Learning Center TwoCrows linked for you.

Thanks for the links I have been reading them. I currently have the chicks on the upside down feeder with the dish on the bottom. I have the chicken nipples and I want to transition them. When and how do i accomplish this. I read about how to make them, but how do i get them to drink out of it?

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

As for how to get your chickens used to the nipple waterers, it usually is quite easy. Many chickens will naturally peck at the nipples and accidentally realize that water comes out. If you remove all other water sources for a while, your birds should get used to the nipples and start drinking from them readily.

Back
Top Bottom