1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

!!!!! Miscalculated Goat Due Date !!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by greenfamilyfarms, Feb 18, 2009.

1. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Oh my gosh. I have miscalculated my goats' due dates. I thought they were bred in September, went and checked the calendar and it was OCTOBER!!!!

I have almost a whole month to wait! This is torture! I want babies! [​IMG]

They were supposed to kid on Feb 13, but the corrected due date is the week of March 13. Maybe they'll pop out little girls so I can keep them. We've decided to not keep any boys... but that's subject to change. [​IMG]

ETA:
    Goat Due Date Calculator

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  2. outbackfarm

outbackfarm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2009
    I hate waiting, too. I have to wait til the end of April, though. It's really hard when I see all these other babies being born now. My neighbor up the road has a Lamancha that had twins Sat. I am having a hard time not running out and buying a doe in milk just to have fresh milk now. I did figure it would really be cheaper to buy another goat than to buy 4 gallons of Jersey milk a week. For 2 1/2 more months it adds up to a little over $200.00 and I can buy a good goat for that much here.

I guess I'll just wait a little longer. Hope you can, too.

3. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    You think that your wait is killing you. I have to wait until the end of June and then we just sent our other doe to be bred this weekend. We could swap does if you'd like [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by