Miscellaneous Meeps - Hatching my Dreams

Pics
It's LOCKDOWN DAY!!!!!! I'll be doing a final candling tonight but we currently have 28 eggies in the incubator.

My chocolate frizzle cockerel has earned himself a name, Hammy :lau like the squirrel from Over The Hedge :gig he always runs over to my hand if I reach in the brooder, and he's totally happy being picked up. I tried to set him on the cement floor last night and it much have been too cold for his tootsies so he clambered right back on to my hand and hunkered down. Then was reaching his head down to peck the floor, alternating looking around and pecking like a little oddball with his wild hair all a mess 🤣

They had knocked their waterer over yesterday, I was hoping it would dry up ok, but it was still damp this morning, so I scooped out all the damp shavings, the area they like to sleep, and all under their feeding area as there is a ton of wasted feed. Typically everyone freaks out when I try to clean, this time most of them stayed back, no one panicked, but I had a nosey SFH that kept standing in my way, and little Hammy was RIDING my poop scooper 🤣 he'd hop on and ride it as I scooped, then I'd have to push him off the end to dump it in the trash bag, then I'd go back for my next scoop and on he'd hop again. Maybe I need to get him a Roomba to ride?

It's LOCKDOWN DAY!!!!!! I'll be doing a final candling tonight but we currently have 28 eggies in the incubator.

My chocolate frizzle cockerel has earned himself a name, Hammy :lau like the squirrel from Over The Hedge :gig he always runs over to my hand if I reach in the brooder, and he's totally happy being picked up. I tried to set him on the cement floor last night and it much have been too cold for his tootsies so he clambered right back on to my hand and hunkered down. Then was reaching his head down to peck the floor, alternating looking around and pecking like a little oddball with his wild hair all a mess 🤣

They had knocked their waterer over yesterday, I was hoping it would dry up ok, but it was still damp this morning, so I scooped out all the damp shavings, the area they like to sleep, and all under their feeding area as there is a ton of wasted feed. Typically everyone freaks out when I try to clean, this time most of them stayed back, no one panicked, but I had a nosey SFH that kept standing in my way, and little Hammy was RIDING my poop scooper 🤣 he'd hop on and ride it as I scooped, then I'd have to push him off the end to dump it in the trash bag, then I'd go back for my next scoop and on he'd hop again. Maybe I need to get him a Roomba to ride?
Lockdown day eggies!!!!! :woot

Oh you gotta keep Hammy, he's got big personality!!! 🤣♥️

Lockdown day eggies!!!!! :woot

Oh you gotta keep Hammy, he's got big personality!!! 🤣♥️
Yes! I am keeping him, he's from some spendy hatching eggs I had shipped in, so I'm hoping his looks are wonderfully correct to the SOP as he is intended to be the basis for my chocolate pen!

I haven't see is yet, but hubby said there's a little egg in the fancy silkies coop!!!!! First egg!!! I will not set eggs until June, I will not set eggs until June.... :barnie

Last edited:
Eggies in lockdown!
Ermine
C - may have quit
E Millie @Nero70002
F
G Lady @Nero70002
H

Dark Brahma Collective
J, K, L -. Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall @Antiocheggers

SFH
M

Bantam
N. @pipdzipdnreadytogo - No development
O @pipdzipdnreadytogo

My silkies
a
b
c - may have quit
d

Fizz Bang eggies
FxBR
e Peaches @Nero70002

FxBA
f
g. @TwoCrows
h
i
k
l. @TwoCrows
m. Valentino @Nero70002
n
o
p
q
r
Ok eggies, your days are numbered in those shells, start thinking about hatching!!!

eggs huevos GIF by Canticos World

Lol, I'm setting eggs again as soon as they all get here. Two dozen from GypsyHen, a dozen Silkie eggs from Main, and 6 CCrevecoeur from here in Texas! Also maybe 6 blue and green from my own again for a friend.
Awesome! I can enjoy hatching through you then instead of blowing my own electrical budget 🤣 I've basically had incubators and heat lamps going since Thanksgiving :thand keeping the ambient house temperature higher for the incubators, on top of the normal winter water heaters for all the chickens, dog, cats, and horse trough 😬

Back
Top Bottom