Missing adult gamefowl rooster.

Raun&alo

In the Brooder
May 2, 2018
It happened yesterday at midnight around 1 am when I heard my rooster and something trying to get in the coop and which it did successfully when I had it secured. It seems to dragged it out of the coop. And this happened after it had just stopped raining. I grabbed my flash light and looked around I do live near woods about 10 feet away from my coop. I checked inside the woods and saw a pile of feathers and no body or a drop of blood. Then I went in 5 feet deeper in the woods and saw another pile of feathers no blood nothing. What kind of predator could it have been that took my adult rooster? Help me please

You say you had the coop secured, how was it secure? Picture of entry point?

Wha kind of predators do you have in the area?
How many chickens were in the coop at the time?

I'm new to raising chickens (a year in march), and having the exact same problem described. Only now yesterday I had an attack at 3pm as well. Each time a trail of feathers to the wooded lot next to my property. I'm down 3 Hens, 1 Rooster and 1 Jake Spanish Turkey. Each attack was different, I'm pulling my hairs out. I started to abandon my old coop and I'm building new ones.

I'm new to raising chickens (a year in march), and having the exact same problem described. Only now yesterday I had an attack at 3pm as well. Each time a trail of feathers to the wooded lot next to my property. I'm down 3 Hens, 1 Rooster and 1 Jake Spanish Turkey. Each attack was different, I'm pulling my hairs out. I started to abandon my old coop and I'm building new ones.

They are taken from the coop or free ranging?

I have a neighbor on the other side of the woods and she told me she had problems with foxes. So I think it was a fox. Can’t be too sure though, it’s tricky

Back
Top Bottom