Missing Chicken

Quote:
I have a tiny silver bantam hen that gets a good distance off the ground. She seems like she can fly nearly 50 ft in distance too. Crazy... she's the only one though. I'm not sure what breed she is.

Quote:
I have a tiny silver bantam hen that gets a good distance off the ground. She seems like she can fly nearly 50 ft in distance too. Crazy... she's the only one though. I'm not sure what breed she is.

Isn't that crazy? I know my standard birds could never get up ther without a ladder.

wee.gif

I love a happy ending!

Quote:
My wife accidentally let the dogs out Sunday afternoon while the flock was free-ranging. We only had six pullets and a roo to begin with, and lost three pullets that afternoon. I was extremely upset, with only a plastic trash barrel to release my frustration on (I kicked it around the yard cursing VERY loudly). It was an accident, so I can't stay mad at my wife, and dogs do what dogs do. The whole situation made me really angry, because they were pets, not simply livestock, and they were close to starting to lay. They all have names, and would all come running to greet me whenever I come into the yard. I have since cooled off and forgave my wife. Especially since today she brought home three young barred rock layers she got from a friend with a large flock. We got our first egg from one of the new girls, and opened up the nesting boxes. I am also going to re-inforce my pen with hardware cloth over the chicken wire, since the dogs have gotten a taste of a kill, I don't want them getting the idea for the rest of the flock.

R.I.P. Phyllis (Ameracauna) , Trouble, & Enytee (Red-Stars)

Back
Top Bottom