Missing feathers on back

Juliacone35

Chirping
Apr 14, 2021
Hi everybody,
My silver laced Wyandotte is missing feathers on her back. We’ve tried a chicken saddle off of Amazon but she kept pulling the back of it up towards her and freaked out with it on for about 3 days so we ended up taking it off. Is there any chicken saddle you guys can recommend? That stays down to where she can’t pull it up. Or anything else I can do to get feathers to grow in. I’m not sure if it is from our rooster, or if she is plucking them out herself. We have 9 hens and a rooster, i would say she is a favorite.
Thanks I’m advance.
879FEE49-65B6-4A09-98A8-98F41DD2E256.jpeg

Attachments

• 797D7865-DE96-4692-9E58-C3FC3DB60707.jpeg
    797D7865-DE96-4692-9E58-C3FC3DB60707.jpeg
    545.1 KB · Views: 3
Maybe you can puta strap that goes from the one side around her chest to the other And maybe another one that goes around around her body just behind the songs. Like a harness but with a chicken saddle form. That looks like a rooster has been over mating. I think is she had been bullied all of her feathers would be scruffy. I might be wrong tho. Good luck.

Maybe you can puta strap that goes from the one side around her chest to the other And maybe another one that goes around around her body just behind the songs. Like a harness but with a chicken saddle form. That looks like a rooster has been over mating. I think is she had been bullied all of her feathers would be scruffy. I might be wrong tho. Good luck.
i know very little about this but what you could do is you could buy a chicken harness and alter it so it attaches to the saddle and keeps it from moving

Back
Top Bottom