Missing Hen(s)

jennajolynne

Chirping
May 8, 2017
Upstate NY
So my red bourbon hens are fairly new, I have had them two weeks. We kept them in a separate hoop coop with our red bourbon tom we got for free about a month ago. After a week of caring for them we slowly started to let them out (supervised) for a few hours. The first day I went to my neighbors to get them, the second and third day, they didn't leave my yard and stayed with the chickens. Well the fourth day I let them out and went to work and I came home and they were still there....then on the fifth day, they came up missing. Not the tom, just the hens. The tom stayed in the yard with my two bbw hens. At 11pm a neighbor brought home the one that roosted on his porch but the other was nowhere in sight. She was laying eggs so I am thinking she went to start a nest somewhere? Nobody has seen her and I haven't let the other hen back out to which I feel bad because poor Tom isn't naughty, he stays right in the yard. I thought about buying some poults to raise up that way when my bbw hens are butchered he isn't alone, especially if these girls won't stay home. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom