missing toes on bantam hens HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tlwhite

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 13, 2011
i recently aquired several chickens from an older couple who are just getting out of the chicken business.
after a couple of days i noticed that of the bantam hens i have one that has no toes and another that her toes are twisted sideways and seem to be scabbed over with a black looking scab or scale.
what could this possibly be and what should i do?
is it contagious to the other chickens?
would it be best to just remove these from the flock altogether?
would they still be okay to eat?
other than trouble moving around they seem to eat and act fine otherwise.
just getting started into chickens, so all this is new and am open to all suggestions.

I can only suggest to check into info and treatment for bumblefoot. The black on the toes would make me thing along that line but I'm no expert. Maybe search here and/or google for pics to see if that's what it looks like to you. Wishing it was under a better situation, but welcome to BYC and I hope you get the answers you need...there's lots of good info and pics here that might be helpful to you.

I would think sacley leg mites to,if its not taken care of there toes and feet will fall off.I do have a recept for this if you find out that is it.Vasiline will work to,smother the feet and legs with it,and yes it will spread to the others

Back
Top Bottom