MISSION IMPOSSIBLE...

d_rooster

Songster
12 Years
Mar 19, 2007
North Augusta, SC
... "This automatic egg turner will self destruct in one day or less. "
nuclear.gif

Yes, not even before the end of the first 24 hours the LG automatic egg turner died. :mad: When I removed the turner from the incubator the little metal housing on the motor was so hot it burned my hand. I'm back to manual turning and with only six eggs it doesn't take long at all. Something must have gone wrong and the motor overheated. No wonder I was having trouble with regulating temps in the first 24 hours.

I was up until 2 a.m. last night checking and re-checking in an attempt to get things to stabilize after removing the egg turner. My broody hen, Betty, got more sleep than me last night.
smile.png

All day I kept thinking about how the thermometer readings were slightly different depending of the location of the probe in the 'bator. I kept worrying about which reading was the real one. So today I got busy and scrounged a computer cooling fan and found an AC to DC adapter at Radioshack with adjustable voltage from 3V to 12V. I spliced these two items together and now I've got a forced air LG incubator that is holding well at 99.5 F and 51% humidity - FINALLY!! Maybe I can sleep easier tonight.
big_smile.png

Cynthia,

Thanks for acknowledging the drama.
smile.png
I think the reason I like reading this forum so much is that there is always excitement or something on the edge in every post (i.e. "chicks a hatching, NOW!"). I also love the cute pictures and variety of opinions.

I've been reading your posts for months now (not stalking you or anything) and I really think you must be one of the nicest chicken admirers and mentors on these forums.

Back
Top Bottom