MISSOURI ! ! !

Quote:
I missed, or should I say I just didn't go last month, but usually there isn't much there. I think the next one is 9-26.

I'm late to this Missouri thread, but we've had our hens for two years now. We live just outside of Ashland, MO, midway between Jefferson City and Columbia. I grew up in Columbia, was a Kewpie:) We raised our kids in Trenton, just west of where my DH grew up on a farm in Humphreys. After 20+ years in Trenton, we relocated to JC to be close to my mom who then still lived in Columbia. We moved to Ashland about five years ago after I retired from teaching, to a small acreage with pond. We began our flock by buying "rescue" hens on CL, but this spring we raised 11 assorted breed chicks with the help of adoptive broody Silkie mothers. We enjoy our hens so much, especially evening free range time when we sit out on the back porch or lawn and watch their antics. My cats show no interest in the hens, but our GSP is always on birdhunt alert with them! ~G

Biddyboo-

Hello to a fellow kewpie alumni. I am in Columbia and a teacher myself.

We currently have about 28 assorted birds. My two younger boys enjoy showing poultry for 4-H so that is my excuse to have so many. We have the usual egg layers like RIR, black stars, white rocks, but also hodgepodge of others like mottled houdan, light brahmas, mille fleur d'uccles, and our favorite-BB Red bantams.

I am on the look out for a couple of Langshan pullets. Another 4-H project. Please let me know if you know where I could get some.thx

Hi!
ya.gif
I'm in Kingston. About 20 miles east of Cameron, in NW MO.

Anyone going to the Missouri State Poultry Show in Sedalia, MO on 10/16?

I'm trying to go -- have 2 Buckeye cockerels and 2 Buckeye pullets.

Let me know if you're going, and what you have!

Janet Hatch
NW MO

Quote:
I will double check but I am fairly certain you can have chickens in St. Louis County. I am in an incorporated area within St. Louis County-and we can keep 8.

Hi, I'm in North St. Louis County, looking for others near me. The restrictions here are few, no nuisance and they can't stray on your neighbors property.

Back
Top Bottom