MISSOURI ! ! !

I live in St.Louis Missouri I like it here but more of a country girl myself :) I'm from Chilicothe IL and moved a here to MIssouri a while ago

Last edited:
I grew up in the Alton Il area, technically Wood River, then we moved to Carbondale IL in 1982 and that has been my home since. I love southern IL. It has so much to offer.

Depending on your age bracket (I won't ask!) and since you live in Carbondale (I was born there!), you may have heard of Hale's Restaurant waaay back in it's hayday? That was my grandparent's place! I will ALWAYS consider So Illinois my home!!!

Hello! Living in Hollister near Branson. Does anyone know how I can find out the city ordinance for chickens?? Not seeing it on the city of Hollister website and not sure who to even call to find out.

Hello! Living in Hollister near Branson. Does anyone know how I can find out the city ordinance for chickens?? Not seeing it on the city of Hollister website and not sure who to even call to find out.

I just Googled Hollister, MO animal regulations, and poultry is listed as livestock under Chapter 210; Animals.

http://z2codes.sullivanpublications.com/sullivan/Z2Browser2.html?showset=hollisterset

I didn't see anything regarding rules for livestock, but I didn't read through the whole thing either.

The dog/cat animal control page says three animals per resident, but maybe the contact info at the top of that page would give you someone who could answer the livestock question;

http://www.cityofhollister.com/animalcontrol.html

I am checking all around Hollister because I Can't have them where I live. Call the number for animal control first. Branson's ordinances only say where you have to put the coop, I am waithing on a call to see if they have a limit. Merriam Woods says NO. Taneyville has no restrictions. Am waiting on Rockaway's answer. I would like to know what you find out please. I am working on changing them in Merriam Woods, and want all the info and data I can get. Thank you. Kim

Haven't had a chance to call around yet, but found out somone in my area does have chickens. Whether legally or illegially, I don't know. Did find a zoning map and some info on Hollister saying zone A1 is for live stock and such but if you actually look at the zoning map, it doesnt show any A1. I'm suprised Miriam Woods doesnt allow chickens considering its more country. I'll let you know if I do find out anything.

Thank you so much for the information. Read through the whole thing and didn't really see much info so I'm going to try to call one of the numbers there and see if I can find out anything else. Thanks again for finding those links!

I just called Hollister and they said no livestock inside the city limits. But in the city of Branson the have told me there is no limit as to how many chickens you have, just have to have the coop in the right place. LOL

Back
Top Bottom