MisterHunnyFarms Intro

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MisterHunnyFarms, Apr 2, 2018.

1. MisterHunnyFarms

MisterHunnyFarms In the Brooder

Apr 2, 2018
    Hi! We are a small, just beginning farmette in oklahoma. Ive always had a love for animals. I was raised around my grandma's farm. However i never thought i liked much less loved chickens until i got my first one In october. We got my son a rooster for his 3rd birthday that's what he wanted! Lol well I quickly decided that he needed some ladies! It didn't take long for me to decided that 4 ladies just wasn't enough.. well long story shorter.. here we are 6 months later and I have 40? Chickens.. you know how chicken math works.. Once the eggs started Rollin in.. we figured out how much my 3 yr old son loves our ladies too! Every day Mister (my son Elias' nick name) comes outside to help Hunny (thats me, im Hunny, my son calls me Hunny thanks to his daddy) lol he helps me gather eggs and just loves every single little baby SO much!! He will get one egg.. hold it with both hands SO close and careful to his chest and say "oh its a baby!!" When we were trying to think of a farm name.. my husband came up with Mister Hunny farms since it's mine and my son's little passion. And i loved it so it stuck! We started with a new Hampshire red roo. With cinnamon queen ladies since at the time we just wanted eggs.. then it has turned into me falling in love with tons of different breeds! So now I'm on the hunt for more!! I just hatched out some babies for my first time.. used an incubator for the first time.. now I'm hooked!!! I want more!!

Teila, sourland, ronott1 and 7 others like this.
  2. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us.

You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find Your State Thread

Best wishes

Pork Pie

sourland, ronott1, 007Sean and 3 others like this.
  3. FrankieDoodle

FrankieDoodle Poppy-Dog

Jul 29, 2017
    California
    :frow Welcome to BYC!!! :woot

ronott1, 007Sean, Luvs Ducks and 4 others like this.
  4. Joeschooks

Joeschooks Just clucking around

Feb 7, 2018
    Hampshire, UK
    My Coop
    Gosh theres no subtraction or division in your chicken math :lau I love it!! :welcome There’s so many helpful, knowledgeable folks here and I’m sure you’ll find this site a very useful resource. I hope you enjoy it as much as we all do.

sourland, ronott1, 007Sean and 3 others like this.
  5. N F C

N F C is it nap time yet?

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    :welcome

Terrific intro! Hope you'll share some pictures with us of your farm (great name).

Thanks for joining us, it's nice to have you here!

6. MisterHunnyFarms

Apr 2, 2018

007Sean and drumstick diva like this.
  7. MisterHunnyFarms

Apr 2, 2018
    I already am!!! I gotta find some gold laced Brahma eggs or Roo PRONTO!!! no luck with replies yet tho.

8. Joeschooks

Joeschooks Just clucking around

Feb 7, 2018
    Hampshire, UK
    My Coop
    A friend of mine breeds gold laced Brahma but sadly I’m in UK. Have you tried eBay? I only use it if I can’t find what I want locally; In my experience it’s very variable but I’ve got some SLW in the incy from eBay and all 10 are developing so eBay can be good sometimes.

ronott1, 007Sean and N F C like this.
  9. MisterHunnyFarms

Apr 2, 2018
    Good to know thank you! I did find ONE ebay listing for eggs.. that was it.. I'm desperate!!

10. puffypoo

puffypoo Like Machine

Oct 3, 2015
    Massachusetts
    Welcome!! :jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy
    Wow, that's chicken math at its best right there! lol

ronott1, 007Sean, N F C and 2 others like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: