mite cleaning question

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by snowflake, Jun 26, 2011.

1. snowflake

snowflake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Belding Michigan
    pulled every thing out of coop washed with bleach water, then scrubbed and sprayed down with hose, drying in the sun right now, can't wash inside of coop too large and I don't think it will dry I have some orchard spray I bought to do the 2 apple trees I have didn't get that done. the spray is a concentrate and 2yrs old does any one know if it is the same as 7's? can I spray it on roost, coop walls floors ect.? thought of using bleach or vinegar not sure it will kill any mites left behind. Read about some herbal sprays but I don't have them prepared yet and they take 2 weeks to a month24 hrs if I cook but need to get things back together before night. Can go to TSC and get liqued 7's mix up and spray every thing down. let dry before putting coop together. Have DE ready to go down after 7s

2. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    Hi, it seems like I read on here somewhare that you can spray the coop down with liquid sevin as long as it is dry before you put the chickens back in. I used some of the Eco Smart concetrate from Wal mart that is pet safe. It is supposed to get rid of mites too. Located in the garden pesticide section, white bottle with green label.

3. snowflake

snowflake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Belding Michigan
    Thanks Hillbilly, I just got home with 7's grand kids will be up in less then and hour so I think I will run down & spray now, should be good and dry before I put things together this eve. will look for the Eco smart for a pre winter spray. may try the pine liniment I read about in Backyard Poultry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by