Mites and chicks

Em169

In the Brooder
Jun 26, 2017
Australia
Hi all, I've had issue with mites and have been spraying my coop. I had a broody hen who has just hatched our very first chick yesterday (she's seperated) the mites seem to have multiplied. I'm worried for my chick and hen of course. I don't know if I should move them all or wait until chick is a week old and can go play out while I clean out. Any advise would be muchly appreciated. Also best product to clean out with we are in australia tho.

Move the hen and chicks out for the day in a pen, and do a good cleaning. I would check the chicks for mites as they can quickly get overwhelmed. I have dusted broody hens and young chicks with a pyrethrin based poultry dust, as well as the coop. Dust especially in roost cracks and in nestboxes under the bedding.

Move the hen and chicks out for the day in a pen, and do a good cleaning. I would check the chicks for mites as they can quickly get overwhelmed. I have dusted broody hens and young chicks with a pyrethrin based poultry dust, as well as the coop. Dust especially in roost cracks and in nestboxes under the bedding.

Great thank you will do. Just wasn't sure if it wise to move hen just yet.

Back
Top Bottom