Mites And Lice

ChickenGuppy

Songster
14 Years
Jan 29, 2010
Midland, TX
We have been SO BUSY spraying our coop, ground and chickens. My neighbors' chickens have mites and lice and I caught their two roosters in with my chickens. I guess they flew over the fence. We have been SO busy my back hurts and my legs feel like they're going to fall off. We have 50 chickens in the back and 15 or so turkeys, 17 ducks, two geese, 7ish Cuckoo Marans and 20ish Jersey Giants. Thankfully they didn't get in to the front with my grow-outs. I have like 50 of those and my silkies, Ohikis and quail. I haven't been this exhausted in I don't know when. The reason I even knew was when I caught them. They were crawling up my arms. I went to get duck eggs and had noticed their chickens in with my ducks but didn't think anything until I had to crawl into a mesquite area that we put all the chopped down mesquite. I had them ALL over my WHOLE body. We got some lice spray and sprayed me head to toe. Then I took a bath and scrubbed my head with lice shampoo. I treated them but didn't do it correctly so I lost a few ducks and chickens. By Incorrectly I meant I did the treatment wrong. I thought after dipping everybody that was good enough but I was wrong. So now we are spraying them every other day and spraying their whole enclosure every other day. We put in about 9 hours a day. I'm SO EXHAUSTED. I have to do it right this time because I don't wanna have to do it again. I took my chickens away from my neighbor's side And will have to redo the fence before I can put anything back over there. It doesn't help that their horses have damaged it. I am feeling very old today. We still have the muscovy's to do. I don't even wanna think about them right now. I probably have about 50 of those.

Back
Top Bottom