Mites everywhere

We treated the room too we have been bringing them outside to dust bathe and get fresh air and sunshine but right now it’s raining
Millie was laying eggs a few day ago but she isn’t now
We are feeding them a flock feed that is 18% protein
I gave her a scrambled egg and she and Millie enjoyed
Also do you have any idea why she is so small
She is doing much better
I really don't know why she is so much smaller - she could be younger than you were told, could be genetics or she just is not thriving like she should -there's just really no way to know.
All you can do is see that she is eating a balanced poultry feed at least 95% of the time.
Limit treats and make those something good for her like egg, meat or fish. I would also give her poultry vitamins once a week to give her a boost.

I really don't know why she is so much smaller - she could be younger than you were told, could be genetics or she just is not thriving like she should -there's just really no way to know.
All you can do is see that she is eating a balanced poultry feed at least 95% of the time.
Limit treats and make those something good for her like egg, meat or fish. I would also give her poultry vitamins once a week to give her a boost.
Yes we will give her egg and she is eating most of her feed
We were told when we got her she was a little less than 2 months old.. and she looked like she was only a few weeks old
But I’m very sure she is 3 months old because I have had her that long

2CC70E58-CCF6-4A87-964C-6614A9029DB7.jpeg

Tink right now

Attachments

• 9990ACC3-9AB7-4E8C-B2C8-AE1D2521A43F.jpeg
    9990ACC3-9AB7-4E8C-B2C8-AE1D2521A43F.jpeg
    401.7 KB · Views: 5
She does seem stunted. Sometimes if they have a bad case of coccidiosis when young it can damage their intestines, and they won't process feed as well.

Could have worms too, or at least had a heavy load at some point. A fecal is always a great idea.

I had scaley mites not the mites you have and had my friend who is an aromatherapist make up a batch of mite killer for me - she researched it and used fractionated coconut oil, tea tree oil nd some other stuff - while all the chemicals, etc and vaseline on the legs, etc said it took about 3 weeks to fix, the one hen that came with a severe case was healed in 10 days 3 applications. It works for regular mites too. my friends bird had some and I lightly sprayed hte bird, but coverfed it's beak while doing it and they leapt off the bird onto the white sheet below. too much tea tree oil is very very dangerous so I trusted MartiScrub (on etsy) because I knew she really researched the proper amounts. sure hope your babies get better.

Tink update:
She ate some egg and drank some water and is chirping and she’s pecking at some chick starter I let her have
Also Millie is acting like a broody with a chick
When I let them out on to a towel to eat their morning egg she immediately does a broody dropping
It is as large as a goose dropping and it smells like a broody dropping
97695A2B-A7BD-49FF-89F9-AC2735E626B7.jpeg

Attachments

• 57B457F6-414A-4C20-AB13-0BF285AA2CC9.jpeg
    57B457F6-414A-4C20-AB13-0BF285AA2CC9.jpeg
    413.1 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom