Mites!! I need help identifying!

Has anyone used Frontline topical for this problem? I will use the sprays to clean everything really well!
If you choose to use a spray in the coop look at CV-80D It isa farm and diary insect control spray and is pyrethrin

Sevin is potent but dusts and Diatamaceous Earth don't perform the residual activity that emulsified concentrates do. Plus you and your birds have to breathe it. Use Ravap or a Permethrin premise spray. The ones I mentioned before work well. When you said pink, I thought mites. Going back and seeing your description of them scurrying, I now think lice. Either way, avoid those messy, impractical powders and dusts.
When you use a piece of panty hose or an old sock, cheesecloth etc to powder puff the sevin or poultry dust on the bird there isnt a huge mess. Now if you just pour the dust on yes you will have dust all over and flying theough the air. The sprays are great for the coop but on the bird it can run into their eyes or nose or ears etc and cause alot of harm. I know plenty that have used the spray stuff and been fine, I have always used poultry dust and someone pointed me towards sevin dust this year but havent needed it yet. So pros and cons on both methods so it is a personal choice on that but the dusts are far from impractical, they work wonderfully and quickly.

I have used the Sevin powder on my birds. I tired the panty hose powder puff technique, but thought it was messy and got dust everywhere! I went and bought a small drawstring laundry bag, poured the dust in the bag, then put the chicken in the bag and with just the head sticking out. I was able to cover the whole bird, without making too much of a mess. I call it the "shake and bake" method! lol! The birds weren't very thrilled about being stuffed in a bag, but it was pretty quick and dusted the whole bird much better than the other way.

I have used the Sevin powder on my birds. I tired the panty hose powder puff technique, but thought it was messy and got dust everywhere! I went and bought a small drawstring laundry bag, poured the dust in the bag, then put the chicken in the bag and with just the head sticking out. I was able to cover the whole bird, without making too much of a mess. I call it the "shake and bake" method! lol! The birds weren't very thrilled about being stuffed in a bag, but it was pretty quick and dusted the whole bird much better than the other way.
I love that idea.
thumbsup.gif

Tha

[/B]

That is an awesome idea!! I will definitely try that. It sounds much easier!! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom