Mites - I've tried EVERYTHING - Please help

Colorado Chicken Chick

Hatching
11 Years
Oct 30, 2008
My rooster Bob has mites in his tail. I have sprayed, I dust him every other day and I keep his condo clean. I've even spray painted his condo to kill them. Nothing works they keep coming back!

The cold won't even kill them, once the sun comes out they are all over his tail again. He also is lame and I have to carry him around and they get all over me.

Anybody have any suggestions!!!
Thanks!

They say frontline spray works really well. I hear it's kinda expensive, but worth it.

Have you totally disassembled his condo and washed it out? Those little buggers hide in all the cracks.

Frontline spray? Is that what it's called? Can I get it at a Feed Store.

I haven't taken his whole condo apart, he has a pretty nice place, he's my baby, but I did spray all the cracks with paint hoping that help.

I doubt you can get Frontline at a feed store, unless it's a really good one. Try your local vet, or get online and order it. Also, you might try dusting his house with Diatomaceous Earth, also available online and in better farm stores. Even some health food stores have it.

The frontline is like the same stuff you put on cats and dogs.

I have found that Adams flea and tick spray works good, and it is alot cheaper than Frontline. And you can pick it up at most feed stores and at walmart.

Biggin do you have any instructions on how to use the Adams like how many times a week or where to spray it.
Thanks

And Welcome!!!

Last edited:
Frnt line and Adams sell a arisol bomb type thing (fogger).
I would use that so you are sure to get in every crevice. Keep the bird out for a day in a cage. treat the bird whil in cage.
One of my books on chickens says to use 1 part kerosene and 3 parts mineral oil on legs and feet. Make sure you use qtip to get under leg scales.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom