Mites, Mites, and More Mites

thank you for all the great advice. The 3 chickens and mom are looking better after all the dust and soap. I think the big hump now is the coop. Mommy hatched all the eggs today so will be easier now to get her and babies out so the coop can be cleaned better. We have sprayed and dusted the coop but still mites galore.

If you are really, really desperate, and don't wish to mess around with half measures, probably needing to treat the premises several times, then bite the bullet and spend the $$ and get this. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0042L8S7A/?tag=backy-20

I swear by it. The price is off-putting, but when you see how concentrated it is and how little it takes to make a gallon of spray, you'll see that it's a very good value.

I use it for everything, leg mites, lice, coop mites, insects around the run, and it's perfectly safe for chickens. The best thing is one treatment does the trick, killing eggs along with the adult mites.

I just applied this spray this past weekend. I did read that there may need to be a few applications done over several weeks. We'll see how well this works.

Back
Top Bottom