Thanks for all the info and input, y'all. Two things to add: *Has anyone ever burned the old/infested bedding? Seems like you'd be thoroughly disposing of the pests in the bedding AND creating yourself some wood ash to use at the same time. *In my experience/according to my knowledge of pests... It's totally normal and expected to have a few mites and lice around, and it's only if your bird's immune system is compromised that you'll see an drastic infestation. So if you find your birds severely weakened and ALSO covered in a parasite, treating the parasite infestation is very helpful (because that many parasites will weaken them further), but it's likely that the parasite is a secondary issue and it's actually something else like a virus, nutrient deficiency, or internal parasite infestation that caused them to be weakened enough to be overwhelmed in the first place. Thoughts?