Mites, molt, lice, gleet....ugh

Yes, the one with the feathers missing from her belly is broody. They all did live together and hope that after everyone is healthy we can reintroduce them. They eat purina organic chicken scratch and same brand of layer crumble. The bullying was what I noticed first and isolated the 2 bullies in their own coop, but they can still see each other. I researched chicken bullying behavior and started making hanging vegetables to promote healthy pecking. I also made dust bath areas with natural wood ash, sand, and fresh rosemary. They definitely have ample food and water setups and plenty of room. It a lovely set up and I will take a picture in the morning. I definitely have come a long way in the few weeks I have been taking care of them and they are definitely better off now. I will am looking forward to the vet coming, but have my work cut out for me and it's going to take time and patience...which I have. You have been such a great source of information and support I can't express my gratitude enough. I don't know anything or anyone that has chickens so it's just me trying to make these girls lives healthy and happy. Did you ever have these issues? I certainly hope not. I am going to attach some pictures of them eating their treats. Thanks so very much
So the broodys under side is bare because she's broody, it happens.
Sounds good! But I will say that treats should not make up more than 10% of their diet, so be careful with that.
Exactly what issues are you asking that I have delt with? Bullying? I've never had much of a problem with bullying.

Back
Top Bottom