mites

I will try that, do I have to spray it on them everywhere on their bodies? because its easier to do it when they sleep I can spray under them and on there sides please more details, and I use the one that mixes with water I make is stronger then the recommendation mix cuz I feel its not working so good, do ducks get mites as well?
Spraying them at night does make it easier.
I am not sure about ducks...I would guess that yes they do get bugs too. :confused:

Be sure to spray the entire coop...all the cracks and crevices too.
If I were you I would treat the coop and birds once a week until the mites are gone.

Notice on the sheet I linked above that mites can live off of the birds for 3 WEEKS. During those 3 weeks they are constantly making babies.

I will try that, do I have to spray it on them everywhere on their bodies? because its easier to do it when they sleep I can spray under them and on there sides please more details, and I use the one that mixes with water I make is stronger then the recommendation mix cuz I feel its not working so good, do ducks get mites as well?
Permethrin concentrate.
Try using the max premises amount of 6.7 ounces to one gallon. Do not use this on the birds. I will look up the max dose for birds for you.

Yes, ducks do get mites.

https://www.domyown.com/msds/Martins_Permethrin_10_Label1f.pdf
Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 11.06.16 AM.png

Glad I found this thread! I may or may not have a mite problem, hens are all scratching and some have feather patch loss but no redness/sores/swelling on anyone, no evidence of mites as compared to photos I've looked at, no mites noted at night with a flashlight - even in cracks/crevices and roost bars...so I'm at a loss. Molt? Vitamin deficiency somehow? I tried to order the premixed Martin's (bottle that Kiki showed) from Tractor Supply, just in case, but apparently they will not ship this to Delaware...so those in search of permethrin...it may be limited in your states. I did find a gallon bottle on Amazon that will ship to my address.

Glad I found this thread! I may or may not have a mite problem, hens are all scratching and some have feather patch loss but no redness/sores/swelling on anyone, no evidence of mites as compared to photos I've looked at, no mites noted at night with a flashlight - even in cracks/crevices and roost bars...so I'm at a loss. Molt? Vitamin deficiency somehow? I tried to order the premixed Martin's (bottle that Kiki showed) from Tractor Supply, just in case, but apparently they will not ship this to Delaware...so those in search of permethrin...it may be limited in your states. I did find a gallon bottle on Amazon that will ship to my address.
What?! This is a first. I've never heard this not being able to be shipped. Do you want me to send you a bottle?

Awww Thanks Kiki! I almost contacted you and asked you to do just that as I was freaking out last night, but Chef found the gallon bottle of the premixed stuff on Amazon today and ordered that. We have plenty of spray bottles, so I'll just do the thrifty thing and fill those up. Can't wet to wet down squirming hens....:th

Back
Top Bottom