Mix breed thread!! Post pictures!!

Pics

PrestonSloan08

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 8, 2011
Corner Alabama
Well I know I have seen a thread for mix breeds but I couldn't seem to find one when I looked!! So I decided to make a new one!! So here it is! Post pictures of you strangest looking mixes, tell stories, tell us about mix breeding, and we can discuss what we think the outcome will be when mixing breeds!!
And I will be the first to ask a question!! I want to breed my Dominique with my blue silkie hen!! What would it come out as!!

WCB Polish/Black Silkie Mixes. 5 toes, light leg feathering, baby crests, ugly combs
lol.png
The roosters from this mix ALWAYS have the golden streaks for whatever reason lol
103208_2011-08-11_20-06-52_905.jpg

103208_2011-08-11_20-13-46_778.jpg

I don't have any pictures, but I remember having a hen who's father was a Leghorn and mother was either mericauna or ee. She was completely white, but with the fluffy face like her mother. And her eggs were right in between green and white, like a mint green. I loved her.
A cross between a pure Ameraucana or a pure Legbar rooster crossed with a leghorn hen will result in chicks that will lay light blue eggs. They sell the chicks (from white eggs) under different marketing names like SBEL - super blue egg layers and Sapphire. These are hybrids and will not breed true, they are excellent egg layers due to the Leghorn mother.
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Oh I will post some here in a few and will add more later when I get that darn camera to work.

Some mixed chickes hatched from mystery swap and what you got swap.
100_4950.jpg

100_4948.jpg

100_4945.jpg

Some of my split to lavender/lavender chicks from my orp/aus cross
PICT0064.jpg

PICT0063.jpg

Last edited:
I am working on project birds right now and will post some pics soon of the results so far..
I am also building up a layer flock of mixed chickens alot of them will have the blue gene so mix from my mix should be interesting.Also lots of blue/green egg gene in there as well.

Yeah, they're different
big_smile.png
one of my standard WCB Polish roosters prefers a black silkie hen for whatever reason, so these crosses were made
lol.png
i think the hens from this are pretty, the roosters look like someone stuck a wad of chewed up gum on their face
lau.gif

Quote:
Probably normal feathered, since silkiness is recessive, 5 toed, color is up in the air, since it can be so varied, and the comb, also could be varied.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom