Mix Giant Jersey and Silkie...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by fasschicks, Sep 17, 2013.

1. fasschicks

fasschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2013
    South Central Wisconsin
    I am looking at picking up a pullet that is a giant Jersey and Silkie mix. Was just wondering if anyone out there has a laying hen of this mix? If so, do you have a picture to share? What kind of egg production do they have (how many per week, size, color, etc.)?

Would love to hear from you. Thanks.

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Sorry. We haven't tried a Jersey Giant/Silkie mix yet. We usually do lots of crosses with Ameraucana. We have tons Ameraucana crosses if you want to see some let me now :)

3. hope4rainbow

hope4rainbow Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    That would probably be very interesting! Is it a full size Silkie or bantam that is crossed?

4. fasschicks

fasschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2013
    South Central Wisconsin
    I am not sure if it was a bantam or not. The lady just sent me pictures and it has the body like a GJ and all black (only smaller body size) and it has the silkie head. It's got a bunch of "fuzzies" on the back too. It is only 3-1/2 months old right now, so I think it will look a little different in a couple of months. It is strangely cute! I have decided to include this one along with my EE and EE/Delaware mix. Should make for an interesting group of girls. :) Will be fun to see what it looks like as an adult and what kind of eggs it lays.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by