Mix Of Ages

aarendsen

Hatching
Sep 9, 2020
hello! I have finally jumped in two feet first and now I have 11 chickens! 5 of them are old english mille fleur and bontam cohcin mix along (we got from a friend and 1 day old) with 2 ISA browns and 4 Brahma chicks. (we bought from farm and family) the 6 we bought are much larger then the babies and we have them all in a large storage bin at this time. the 6 are getting bigger. are they safe to be around the babies? should we separate them? besides them trying to fly around when we are playing with them. they seem nice and almost like a momma to the babies. also I am posting a photo below of Big B. is this what its supposed to look like when they grow feathers? I am 100% new and want to make sure my little guys are healthy and happy.. from their chirps I think they are. I am just looking for validation.

Attachments

• Big B.jpg
    Big B.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 2
when theyre young they wont be too agressive likely .. the problem will come when theyre maturing if the breeds vary in size much .. i had a couple of bantams once and they just couldnt be kept with the regular chickens, they were safer outside the coop in the trees lol, and when feeding they had to dash in and grab food and run .. they never did assimilate into the flock ..

Back
Top Bottom