Mixed breed bantam chicks in KY (pics added)

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
I have 31 mixed breed bantam chicks for sale. They are from a blue splash (presumably dutch) rooster, and from any of these hens:

Blue splash-dutch(?) (2)
bantam/game mix
araucana mix
standard cochin

These chicks range in age from around 1 week to 6 weeks. I am unable to keep any of them, because they all come from the same rooster. The cochin mixes will be larger than a bantam, and should lay fairly good sized eggs. The bantam chicks should lay a small to medium sized egg.
All the chicks are either blue, black, or splash (5), and some have partially feathered legs. There are a few that have red coloring on their heads and wings.
I am asking $3 each for them, but will accept any reasonable offer. I cannot afford to feed these birds all winter long!
I am in the Green River Lake area. Please PM for more info.
As far as I can tell, most of the 6 week olds are pullets.

Last edited:
Oh My! I was just down that way, Hwy 127, around Columbia last night! I bought a cow!
big_smile.png

Here's a pic of some of the babies...
15806_pict0019.jpg

and some more...
PICT0071.jpg

Babies with one of the mamas...
PICT0053.jpg

Doesn't anyone want these little darlings?
love.gif

Quote:
Hey Shelley, I want a couple or three of your little blue splashes - pullets would be cool, if you can tell if they are girls. I was gonna ask the other day when I was there, but I forgot to.

I want the lighter ones - the ones that look the most like their mama. Well, maybe one or two of the medium color blues, too, LOL.... stop me !!! Don't let me take them all.

She is so pretty !!!

Peace -
Meri

Last edited by a moderator:
The mama hen has 4, and they look like all of them are pullets. She only has 3 out of 18 that are definitely roos! Let me know when you want to come get them!

<edit> The 4 little blue splashes are the only ones that are 'her' chicks. The rest were adopted!
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Well, those eggs ship next monday, and I was gonna come for some eggs this weekend - so I'll see what's going on here and pick a day this weekend to come over. Probably will be when I go to drop Jon off at work since I'll be halfway there, already. I think he works some daytime hours this week. I'll ask him when he gets his dead butt out of bed, LOL.

Meri

Back
Top Bottom