mixed breed chicken pictures

I crossed a few buff laced Polish with my Spangled Orloffs on a lark

PorloffPullet.jpg

Here's the pullet

PoloffRoo.jpg

Here's the little Roo

That crested non-crested cross makes the greatest hairdo!

This seems like a good place to ask- is there any market for mixed breed chickens (not that I would want tons of $ for them but I only have space for a limited number)? I have 12 6-8 wk old "pullets", one of whom is obviously a SLW roo. All the others are RIR, BR, GLW, SLW, and blk Australorp. I'm assuming any combo of the above should all be good egg layers/eating chickens (not that I'd eat them but would certainly keep pullets for the eggs). I love babies and have no problem raising them but don't want to flood the world with chickens nobody would want. My roo is very tame and loveable and I certainly have the space to keep him but if mixed breeds aren't a good idea I have a friend who would take him (of course he'd then be raising mixed breeds too). Opinions please? Thanks- Leigh

OMG, Mo is so cute. Looks exactly like one of my mixed chicks. But mine is a Creme Brabanter (rooster) x Buff Chanticler (hen).
I will try to get pics tomorrow. She is about the same age as well.
big_smile.png

We have many mixes.... all started with a Silkie mix. But, now we are hatching a second generation of mixes. And they are cute. I'll have pics a little later.
Blessings,
Amy J.

Back
Top Bottom