Mixed Breed chicks

AndyCrows247

Hatching
Oct 18, 2021
I partly by accident mixed an Americauna/Silkie mix bantum rooster with:
1. Americauna/Silkie mix
2. Buff Orpington
3. Easter Egger.
I've heard mixing mutts w/mutts is a bad idea. Why? Is it because of health reasons?
If it's just b/c of egg or appearance I don't care. I just want my baby mutts to be healthy. They hatched okay and look....different.

I have a flock of birds I have been mixing up for 40 years. Nothing bad will happen from mixed breeding.
I get a wonderful supprise with every egg (all colors) that hatches, feathers on feet, little princess crown on head, extra toe (dorking or silky influence) every feather pattern.....
I love the variety.

1. Americauna/Silkie mix
2. Buff Orpington
3. Easter Egger.
I've heard mixing mutts w/mutts is a bad idea. Why? Is it because of health reasons?
If it's just b/c of egg or appearance I don't care. I just want my baby mutts to be healthy. They hatched okay and look....different.
Whoever said that would faint if they saw one of my flocks 😅

The only downside for me is that's when I have a hard time remembering exactly who said muttxmutt is from. I personally take pride in knowing exactly what my mixes are, but that's not a giant deal apart from to me

1. Americauna/Silkie mix
2. Buff Orpington
3. Easter Egger.
I think the only reason people say this is it may be difficult to know what breeds are in your chicks but honestly it does not really matter if you are happy with them! Will not affect their health whatsoever. Would love to see photos of your little nuggets!😊

Can anyone tell me what this four week old chick is mixed with. I was given eggs to hatch and this little Mohawk is one of the hatched eggs. He is supposed to be part silkie. Silly looking little baby!
IMG_0676.PNG

Back
Top Bottom