Mixed Breed Contest! Ended!

Pics
Tiny the mix coming to my rescue.
Had an incubator fail which led to two DIS Serama chicks unfortunately, so for round two... I thought it would be more of a challenge as it is hard to make a non-broody go broody.

Turns out the mere sight of an egg triggers Tiny's broody instinct, which furthers my silkie-mix assumption as a former silkie owner.
20210926_221416.jpg
20210926_221441.jpg
20210926_221507.jpg

Last edited:
Had an incubator fail which led to two DIS Serama chicks unfortunately, so for round two... I thought it would be more of a challenge as it is hard to make a non-broody go broody.

Turns out the mere sight of an egg triggers Tiny's broody instinct, which furthers my silkie-mix assumption as a former silkie owner.
Aww that's so sweet!:love

Our power went out once while we had six turkey eggs in the incubator(only one was fertile.) So we candled them all and we took that one out to our broody black australorp. In a couple weeks, it hatched and now we have a beautiful Narragansett turkey pullet I guess(since she isn't old enough to be a hen.):D

Awwwww that is so sweet 😭🥺❤️ she's such a little cutie 🥰🥰🥰

Aww that's so sweet!:love

Our power went out once while we had six turkey eggs in the incubator(only one was fertile.) So we candled them all and we took that one out to our broody black australorp. In a couple weeks, it hatched and now we have a beautiful Narragansett turkey pullet I guess(since she isn't old enough to be a hen.):D
A few months ago ours went out so I wrapped the bator in towels and they all hatched still. Once I had to move a egg into the incubator right before hatch because my broodys abandoned it.

Back
Top Bottom