mixed breed

steve25

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 8, 2010
riley, michigan
i have a drake runner who has been mating with my pekin hen. does anyone have any knowledge on how the ducklings will turn out . both breeds are good egg layers, the runner being the better of the two. thanks to who ever can help me out.

The resulting ducklings will be a very solid bird that wont stand as tall as a runner but still be more upright than a pekin.. AS for colour - it depends on what colour your drake is. You will likely still get some white offspring- but the fathers genetics will also mean that if he is coloured- you should get some ducklings that will have colour- it just depends on what genetics he is carrying.

I have a pair of Welsh harlequins ( silver phase) and a crested female pekin duck.. I wonder what I would get from the WH x crested pekin crossing????
I know they will be mutts just would like to know the coloring that might come out

Last edited:
I have a pekin male and one Aylesbury female and one Pekin/Aylesbury female. That are mixed with a few runner/swedish/rouen mixes and a few runners all of mine are soem crazy mix of all the above breeds plus cayuga LOL but I hatched out 14 babies out of the bunch and I can tell you that Clyde (pekin drake) is the most popular drake in the group and I didnt get any solid colored white ducks LOL. Most of mine have taken on rouen and swedish coloring and many are either prefectly upright, partially upright, or just regularly stanced. So I dont think anyone could really tell you what you would get for sure, you just have to give it a shot. However I have to say my babies are prettier than their parents LOL

Back
Top Bottom