Mixed Breeds Showcase

Sagenovese

Songster
7 Years
Mar 25, 2016
I just have my own personal flock for eggs and for fun. I have had some predator issues and finally got a rooster to try to help with it. I am also considering a pair of Ancona as I hear that they are great sentries. But, I love my friendly flock of lap birds and my understanding is that Ancona would not be a lap bird.

I just lost two more hens over the Christmas holiday and my numbers are dwindling again. Now that I have a rooster, my eggs are fertilized and I am considering hatching some eggs from my flock to replace my hens.

One problem, I don't need nor want a bunch of roosters crowing. So, I had better keep this experiment to a minimum.

My rooster is a Black Jersey Giant.
He is mostly quiet (has a rooster collar) but he talks to the girls a lot and is good with people. I have seen him warn the girls of danger and I know for sure he has saved their lives on more than one occasion.

I have a variety of hens:
Blue Ameraucana, Blue Orpington, Cream Legbar, Easter Egger, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Black Australorp, White Rock, Black Copper Marans and two White Sultans.

Does anyone have Jersey Giant crosses? I would love to see pictures!

In fact, I would love to see everyone's mixed breed pictures and preferably a label of what the cross is.

Please share!

Bad picture of him. Mixed breed. I have 3 plymouth rocks and 1 black mixed breed hens. Get 3 eggs a day in summer.

Attachments

• 20171229_171508.jpg
    20171229_171508.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom