Mixed breeds

cassandrapettersson

Emu obsessed
Sep 8, 2022
Sweden
I just bought some ducks, and the seller said they're mixed with magpie and 'skånsk' duck??
I searched it up and couldn't find anything, so any ideas?

(Picture isn't mine, I haven't gotten the ducks yet though they're coming soon)

307966957_5465223666927214_1804081154256646137_n (1).jpg

Huh. Never heard of it either. You may want to ask for a picture of the parents if they have them. Maybe it is a breed with another name. Whatever it is, it looks like it has chocolate coloring.
Their parents are the same mix... It feels like people are just making up breeds.
Skåne (Skånsk) is a swedish state, my guess would be they're mixed with a swedish of some sort, like blue/black?

Their parents are the same mix... It feels like people are just making up breeds.
Skåne (Skånsk) is a swedish state, my guess would be they're mixed with a swedish of some sort, like blue/black?
It does sound made up. So maybe they meant Swedish. The blacks remind me more of cayugas that have whitened. They are certainly a mix, because I see blue and chocolate in the same duck. Whatever they are they are pretty ducks.

You may want to cornfirm genders, since right now not all drakes have their drake feather right now.

It does sound made up. So maybe they meant Swedish. The blacks remind me more of cayugas that have whitened. They are certainly a mix, because I see blue and chocolate in the same duck. Whatever they are they are pretty ducks.

You may want to cornfirm genders, since right now not all drakes have their drake feather right now.
It's all females, owner has hade them for 2 years

Well the owner does live in skåne, maybe she just called them skånsk because... they live in skåne?

Back
Top Bottom