Mixed flock feeding

Oct 26, 2020
I am feeding around 18 chickens (6 cockerels/roosters and 12 pullets/hens), 2 ducks (1 drake, and 1 hen) all grower feed. I thought it was fine because I read somewhere it is EGG~cellent for mixed flocks, and then recently I read it contains EGG~cessive amounts of protein. Is this true? I know it is called Grower feed but.

The hens are supplemented with crushed roasted chicken egg shells and oyster shells. All of the flock gets fruits and veggies.

Please let me know what the best option is. My flock is mostly bantams also. All chickens and ducks are under the age of 3 EGG~cept 1, 7 year old hen.

Thanks BYCers!

{Sorry for the EGG~cessive egg jokes 😁}

I like a Non-medicated Starter Grower feed 18% Protein for my Pullets/Hens 7 months and 2 years old respectively. If that feed is not available, I'll buy a All-Flock crumble 20% for a dollar more.
If you give low Protein treats like fruit and veggies, 18 to 20 percent Protein is fine for chickens. I give Scratch Grains daily scattered in their pen as a treat.
I keep a separate container of Oyster Shells available.
20201126_051320.jpg

GC

I like a Non-medicated Starter Grower feed 18% Protein for my Pullets/Hens 7 months and 2 years old respectively. If that feed is not available, I'll buy a All-Flock crumble 20% for a dollar more.
If you give low Protein treats like fruit and veggies, 18 to 20 percent Protein is fine for chickens. I give Scratch Grains daily scattered in their pen as a treat.
I keep a separate container of Oyster Shells available. View attachment 2447467
GC
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom