Mixed flock pics -- my first flock, my babies

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by jtbrown, Jun 12, 2011.

1. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Reds/Bantums/Light Brahmas are 10 weeks; EE are 6 weeks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    THanks for looking!

2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    [​IMG] Awww! Thanks for sharing. They are so cute! Especially those EE's!

3. jtbrown

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    [​IMG] Thanks, I am at work today, but this website is an easy to way to show everyone my chicks, so I have been showing them off!

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I had such a sweet EE that looks so much like your light reddish one w/blue (pic 5). My girl was Ginger. How's your little scissor beak doing?? Is she able to eat well???

5. jtbrown

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    I debated what to do with scissor beak, I was sure we were going to cull. So far, very glad we didn't. She is bigger than rest of birds, hangs out at the feeder, is somewhat friendlier than the others. She grooms herself, although I've read that gets harder, but so far she looks great. So, we'll see, if she falls behind in growth, I will see, but if anything she is a little heavier than the other 24 of my EE.

And I love those with the gray/blue tint, I have 3 of those, I cannot get a hold of them easily, they aren't happy when I do, I hope they settle down once they start laying, if not, I will look from afar!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by