Mixed flock question

MattSiewrt

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 6, 2013
Hello I have I mixed flock ad I wanted to know do chickens care about color? Or anything like that, so far I have 2 reddish chickens, two brown ones, and 1 barred rock, I was getting more chickens but I'm getting them as chicks to raise. I'm getting 4 Egyptian fayoumis, 1 jersey giant, 3 buff orpington, 2 white rock, 2 Easter eggers and Easter eggers are like ameracaunas right? Anyway an I'm getting one golden buff I think it's called having all these different colors or just one different breed of chicken won't mean they get bullied more will it? Like having one jersey giant or one golden budf idk I don't want to order them and it all goes wrong . And my three sides barn is 7 foot wide and 17 feet long having all these hens should I get another rooster? I let them out about 5 times a day and they roam the whole yard I just have to stay out there with them because I have dogs and wild cats around my house

Hello I have I mixed flock ad I wanted to know do chickens care about color? Or anything like that, so far I have 2 reddish chickens, two brown ones, and 1 barred rock, I was getting more chickens but I'm getting them as chicks to raise. I'm getting 4 Egyptian fayoumis, 1 jersey giant, 3 buff orpington, 2 white rock, 2 Easter eggers and Easter eggers are like ameracaunas right? Anyway an I'm getting one golden buff I think it's called having all these different colors or just one different breed of chicken won't mean they get bullied more will it? Like having one jersey giant or one golden budf idk I don't want to order them and it all goes wrong . And my three sides barn is 7 foot wide and 17 feet long having all these hens should I get another rooster? I let them out about 5 times a day and they roam the whole yard I just have to stay out there with them because I have dogs and wild cats around my house
I don't think chickens care for color, I've always had a mixed flock and they get along pretty well. Easter eggers are different than Ameraucanas, EEs are mutts with the blue egg gene they can lay eggs from blue to olive and are crossed with other breeds. Ameraucanas on the other hand are pure breed, they only lay blue eggs, always have beards and muffs together on their face, have pea combs, and have full tails. The color varieties for Ameraucanas are :Black, Blue, Blue Wheaten, Brown Red, Buff, Silver, Wheaten & White, EE's are mutts and therefore don't have a recognized "color".

Okay thank y'all dang the place I'm ordering from only has Easter eggers left :/ I want ameracaunas because of the beard I don't know why I like them so much haha so EE don't always have beards? That's the reason I was getting them do any of y'all know any hatcheries with a low minimum order

Back
Top Bottom