Mixed Flock - Turkeys and Pheasants?

TaylorB1216

Chirping
Jun 5, 2016
Hi All
My husband and i have two royal palm turkey poults (7 weeks old) and 8 pheasant chicks (about 6 weeks old).
Needless to say, it's time to move them outside, and we're pretty excited to have our garage back!

The poults and chicks have been raised side-by-side in XL wire dog crates, so they've spent a great deal of time in the vicinity of one another, and were plainly able to see one another (even reach a neck out and into the other's crate).
As they both eat game bird food, I'm wondering if it might be OK to house them in the same outdoor structure?

We've built a pretty large flight pen for the pheasants, and would be willing to add in a few roosts for the turkey.

I was wondering if anyone has ever housed a mixed flock of game birds together?
Thanks!
-Brooke

Last edited:
Hi All
My husband have two royal palm turkey poults (7 weeks old) and 8 pheasant chicks (about 6 weeks old).
Needless to say, it's time to move them outside, and we're pretty excited to have our garage back!

The poults and chicks have been raised side-by-side in XL wire dog crates, so they've spent a great deal of time in the vicinity of one another, and were plainly able to see one another (even reach a neck out and into the other's crate).
As they both eat game bird food, I'm wondering if it might be OK to house them in the same outdoor structure?

We've built a pretty large flight pen for the pheasants, and would be willing to add in a few roosts for the turkey.

I was wondering if anyone has ever housed a mixed flock of game birds together?
Thanks!
-Brooke

Been there, did that. As long as they have lots of room, it should not be a problem. I would recommend multiple feeders and waterers.

Glad to hear someone else has tried it.
I was planning to put a few waterers and feeders out since it's a large enclosure, so that will work well!
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom