Mixed flock???

I keep Ducks/Geese and Chickens with no problems as do many around here, If you have plenty of space for each species and a correct ratio you should be fine. I've never had Turkeys.

I had a naked neck rooster he was a rescue from our church parking lot. Other than being huge he was very mild mannered. I kept him from Oct till following spring only problem was he wanted to breed my lil bantam hens an they were terrified of him so I found him a home with LF females. He was really a cool rooster. My husband named him Ed Too Tall Jones. I just called him Ed.

You shouldn't keep turkeys with chickens due to blackhead. They shouldn't be on the same ground. You can from the getting along perspective but not for the health of the turkeys. Otherwise they should all get along just fine. I also have ducks geese and chickens together. I loved turkeys when I had them. If you want them as pets stay away from the Broad Breasted whites- they can't physically last that long. Loved Hollands over other breeds I've had. But a dark feathered breed might be better if predators are an issue.

I had a naked neck rooster he was a rescue from our church parking lot. Other than being huge he was very mild mannered. I kept him from Oct till following spring only problem was he wanted to breed my lil bantam hens an they were terrified of him so I found him a home with LF females. He was really a cool rooster. My husband named him Ed Too Tall Jones. I just called him Ed.

I also have the same problem with not one, but two. Me and my nephew loves them, we named them Blue and Lucky. I found them new homes last year.

Back
Top Bottom