Mixin' It Up. :)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MysticalMom, May 19, 2011.

1. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    One of my muscovy went broody on one egg (silly girl)... so I decided, on a whim to put some of my mixed duck eggs I collected that day under her just to see what I would get. I didn't do any breeding projects as planned this year, so no one is penned separately and they just breed with whomever they want to. I only put 6 eggs under her because I didn't want to be over loaded with ducklings since I have so many muscovy ducklings right now.... Well OBVIOUSLY my Black Swedish Drake was a busy boy. I'm pretty sure all of them are mixed with Pekin... Looks like my Silver Appleyard is the Daddy of one...But look at that little blue gray one... I just love him. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DurhamDuck

DurhamDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    Durham, Connecticut
    Adorable!!!

[​IMG]

3. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

[​IMG] they're so cute!

4. Stormy Autumn

Stormy Autumn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Florida
    You can spot the baby muscovy from a mile away!

And I just noticed that she has the same stripe on her head as her momma!

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  5. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    It is funny that it has the same stripe as Lucille... but that one is the Silver Appleyard cross. [​IMG] The one egg that Lucille went broody on, she crushed early in the process. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  6. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Yeah, I didn't see any that looked Muscovy so I was wondering where that one was, lol. Too bad she lost it though, I had a girl crush one as it was hatching, very sad [​IMG].

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by