MJ's little flock

I'm so glad you took Janet. Do you know what bone is involved? I'm so glad you got her there as soon as you did.

As far as your shy pooper, what chicken doesn't poop all the time? Someone is shy.
I think what happened was the lincospectin cleared up the actual infection but the pus hadn't been able to escape so it formed a lump between her nostril and her eye. A clear lump is visible now the swelling from the coryza has gone down. I'd been trying to get a photo of it to show everyone but I wasn't able to.

This was the best shot. It's from Sunday. That pale patch is her pus lump.

Screenshot_2020-05-24-16-57-48-54.png

I took a photo of the description of the surgery on the consent form, which mentions sinus. That's all I know.

View attachment 2160249

Peggy had done some poo but it was all mixed up with the food I'd put in there in case she got hungry.
That's some vet you have there.:bow

I took a photo of the description of the surgery on the consent form, which mentions sinus. That's all I know.

View attachment 2160249

Peggy had done some poo but it was all mixed up with the food I'd put in there in case she got hungry.
Very good that you are getting that cleared out for her. Certain infections in that area can be quite dangerous depending on the bacteria or fungus involved.

I think what happened was the lincospectin cleared up the actual infection but the pus hadn't been able to escape so it formed a lump between her nostril and her eye. A clear lump is visible now the swelling from the coryza has gone down. I'd been trying to get a photo of it to show everyone but I wasn't able to.
There are also places where the antibiotic has trouble reaching. There are areas especially in the sinuses where this can be a problem. Once he clears it out, she will be fine. Good job getting her there.

Back
Top Bottom