MJ's little flock

I'm a little worried about Janet. She seems more lethargic than usual, although still sprinting for food! And her last egg was Thursday. It's not like her to miss three days straight, although Ivy completely deconstructed and reconstructed the nest so maybe she simply didn't get a chance.

She's under observation for now.

Hopefully she'll come good of her own accord. I'd hate to make her sick by treating her for sicknesses she doesn't have.

View attachment 2622735
I do like your conservative approach. Maybe she is just like Hattie and having a bad day.

I'm so sorry for you. I hate when we have to buy eggs. We are getting 4 to 5 a day right now. We have given 4 dozen away in the last month.
I’m frothing for just 1!
I think it’s been about 7 months since I’ve had a layer, so looking forward to home chook eggs rather than supermarket.
Me and Vi are kinda duelling over who gets to eat the first 😂
Knowing my luck they will wait until after autumn and winter cold weather 😅

I’m frothing for just 1!
I think it’s been about 7 months since I’ve had a layer, so looking forward to home chook eggs rather than supermarket.
Me and Vi are kinda duelling over who gets to eat the first 😂
Knowing my luck they will wait until after autumn and winter cold weather 😅
That had been known to happen. Just saying. :confused:

I do like your conservative approach. Maybe she is just like Hattie and having a bad day.
I don't want to upset her unnecessarily. Today has started off rainy so I imagine all four hens will do very little until the rain stops. It's a chance for her to rest for a few hours instead of doing her daily tussling.

I'm so sorry for you. I hate when we have to buy eggs. We are getting 4 to 5 a day right now. We have given 4 dozen away in the last month.
Wow! That's a lot of eggs! And Lilly doesn't lay, so everyone else is laying regularly.

Back
Top Bottom