MJ's little flock

I've been looking at small portable/battery powered air conditioning units to potentially put in the girls' coop and/or run when it gets into the 90's & 100's here in Eastern Washington. Does anyone have any experience and/or recommendations about them? It's hard to cut through the "breathless" marketing language online.
@featherhead007 has one in his coop. Maybe he can help.

View attachment 2668352

Dinner time!

Remember that Bond film where the villain wanted to drop Bond into the shark pool?

Imagine if it was a henhouse... The floor slides back, little faces look up inquisitively and blink-blink.

I shall push you into the chickens Mr Bond.

Bond says, Yay! I would love that :love😘😍🥰🐔🐔🐔🐔🐔
I love this. Blofeld sitting there with a cat in his lap. You only live twice Mr. Bond. Cue evil laugh.

Trivia that perhaps only I care about: Sharks show up in 4 bond films, Thunderball, Live and Let Die, The Spy Who Loved Me, and License to Kill. I think the sharks in Thunderball are the most scary.

I love this. Blofeld sitting there with a cat in his lap. You only live twice Mr. Bond. Cue evil laugh.

Trivia that perhaps only I care about: Sharks show up in 4 bond films, Thunderball, Live and Let Die, The Spy Who Loved Me, and License to Kill. I think the sharks in Thunderball are the most scary.
My parents used to watch all the Bond films on TV, I remember the note “He disagreed with something that ate him”.

Chicken tax
46AF38BB-37C0-4A9D-8ABB-A96D392C8D85.jpeg

MJ says her misting system is pretty good at keeping the hens cool.

What do you think @MaryJanet ? Could we have a little tour of your system please?
It's great @Kriscam ! Thanks for reminding me about it ACM, my head has been v preoccupied with work lately.

Where I live, summer is hot and dry, so I bought a misting system for keeping people cool outside, like this one, and fitted it to the henhouse. It takes roughly 10• celsius off the temperature through evaporative cooling. The hens don't get wet, but the air around ghem is much cooler. So, on a hot day, say 40 (I think that's arpund 110 Fahrenheit) the hens enjoy air temps of 30 (I'm guessing that's around 90f).

Also, it doesn't use much water, only a litre an hour or something like that, which I thought was efficient given the hens are perfectly happy in weather that would normally kill them.

So it was money well spent.

And I only just saw ACM asked me for a tour (I don't have my specs on). I posted one on byc long ago, which I'll try to find...

Found it.

Last edited:

I did not know that! You have a great memory for films, I can barely recall the name of the last film I saw.

Back
Top Bottom