MJ's little flock

This morning's breakfast is a rarity for me: a medley of eggs. Mary's last egg, with one of Janet's and one of Ivy's.

IMG_2021-10-23-10-34-40-101.jpg

This was the first in my mind, her liver or kidneys backed up by a vet I spoke too, she thought the same and tried too get me connected with a vet that dealt with chickens.
She's not laid an egg in a long time, but she was so happy and contented and apart from the ccolouring her poo she was still the leader and contented

By the way I dont drive.

Secondly got too thinking it was an egg yoke. Believe I'm so very upset I've tried everything.

Yesterday I completely cleared out their coop ready for winter and used pine staw because I couldn't get anything else, I think that was a trigger for what happened this morning. :(

This morning I managed too find a decent straw, all too late for my amber. Same said for getting a caring vet that actually helps :(
:hugs :hugs :hugs

Have I mentioned before that her left eye looks a lot like ocular Marek’s? It’s possible she had something you cannot help.
In the picture of @Marie2020 's Amber in the sink, is that what you noticed? It really stood out to me, even in bright light I've never noticed an eye looking like that. I wondered what could cause that, the pupil is extremely tiny.

They really did. It's been almost like clockwork.

Anyway it's Saturday morning, so of course I'm on my seat in the Funrun :wee

View attachment 2875063

You might be able to make out Janet on nest deconstruction duty in the little coop.
Looks like a wonderful way to spend the day. 🥰

In the picture of @Marie2020 's Amber in the sink, is that what you noticed? It really stood out to me, even in bright light I've never noticed an eye looking like that. I wondered what could cause that, the pupil is extremely tiny.
Yes, especially in that photo. It’s also visible, though less dramatic, in the photo where she’s wrapped in a towel.

Marie, I am so very happy to hear Amber is improving!
Very much improved and back to being top bird.

There's a little bit of a battle for her approval between flexi and Tina, flexi isn't so happy about that with Tina seeming too be accepted as much as she is. Tina is proving to be a supportiing member she shows a lot of compassion for a dinosaur staying close to amber during her worst times. They chatter a lot.

I've always wondered this about Amber.
Someone who saw her thinks it's down to her being a hybrid but I really don't know. I haven't seen this before in a chicken but still learning here. Could it possibly have been an accident or a birth defect.

She isn't on drugs not since she's been with me since she was 16 weeks old, no signs of mareks and no other indications off illness that I'm aware of. It's still a mystery too me.

I've thought for some time she may be blind in that eye

Back
Top Bottom