MJ's little flock

Lunch outside and within view of the hens :love

I should do this more often.

If you squint through the slats, you'll see Mary's butt, Ivy's back and a hint of Jan.

IMG_2022-05-27-13-22-57-630.jpg

My plan for this weekend is to get the ply needed to make the sides of the roost box and have it cut to size, another right angled bracket, and two more ornate brackets for the second roosting bar. I also need to visit a distant fodder store to stock up on probiotics.

Time permitting, I'll see how well the ply sides fit by clamping them in place and if needs be, I'll make any slight adjustments with the jigsaw. Then it can be taken down again to be painted on the outside and have its lino stuck to the inside.

In case anyone interested but not watching the results of the Australian Federal election, here's an update.

The ALP (centre left) is still one seat short of a majority in the house. But it holds 61.4% of the votes in Macnamara with 81.3% counted. So this electorate will probably have an ALP representative, giving the ALP majority in the house.

There are two other seats still in question, with the Libs (centre right) holding tiny margins. So there'll be more counting in those two before we know the outcome.

The lib+ nationals coalition hold the most senate seats, but not a majority, missing out by a country mile. Two senate seats are still in doubt, if they end up lib or national, the coalition will still be 6 short of a majority.

If the ALP and The Greens form a senate coalition, they'll still be 1 short of a majority. Maybe one of the two in doubt will turn out ALP or Greens.

Last edited:
We've had very wet, cold and windy weather the last few days with Janet not fully feathered yet. The new driveway gates have been damaged in the strong wind (there was a tornado not far away) and someone is coming to see to it this morning.

Anyway my point is that the hens have been put off their food. They'll bounce back but they haven't been eating enough lately.

Has anyone else ever seen chickens off their food when the weather turns?

Back
Top Bottom