MJ's little flock

These two were taking liberties with Blossom's breakfast.

IMG_2022-12-04-07-55-30-973.jpg

I can't get over how tame they are!

There's never a dull moment.

Last edited:
Btw, when I was in Sydney I was rabbitting on about the chickens (as usual) when someone told me the most amazing story about the floods up in Queensland a couple of years ago. Someone's coop was wrecked and their chickens were swept away :hit but 8 of them walked home!! They showed up a week later! :th:wee:bow

Does it depend on the prevailing pressure systems? I'm slightly clueless about weather, but it does seem to go from west to east. But how much does it change on the way over?
Actually, it’s shaping up to be quite warm today. It just feels like when you say you have rain, we seem to get rain a couple of days later. Of course it could be confirmation bias; I don’t actually write it down.
Cover Mouth And Giggle Smiley

@LozzyR how are things going?
Ok. I was very sad when Tegan died. :( I’ve been treating Nyssa for a respiratory problem since then and we’re actually on our way to a local(ish) zoo to get some new girls. My reasoning is that, if we lose Nyssa as well then Snowy will be on her own. As sad as I have been this year (I’ve lost four girls; River, Penguin, Lottie and Tegan), I’m not quite ready to give up on my chicken journey yet.

Introducing our new girls

We’ve just been to the zoo and purchased three (hopefully) pullets (not sure how old; ‘a couple of months’ is the best I could get). They are:

Angel (named and chosen by my son)
D3801FD4-54DF-42D4-AE0E-BE171A1C1F38.jpeg

Bella (left) and Gizelle (right)
4FAB0BAB-3F58-4834-8C11-6DC5B43DEFF7.jpeg

They’re a barnyard mix, which is what I wanted. I think Bella is the one making baby-peeps, she could be about 16-18 weeks old. She’s tiny and has some Frizzle in her.

Btw, when I was in Sydney I was rabbitting on about the chickens (as usual) when someone told me the most amazing story about the floods up in Queensland a couple of years ago. Someone's coop was wrecked and their chickens were swept away :hit but 8 of them walked home!! They showed up a week later! :th:wee:bow
What a wonderful story! :love

Introducing our new girls

We’ve just been to the zoo and purchased three (hopefully) pullets (not sure how old; ‘a couple of months’ is the best I could get). They are:

Angel (named and chosen by my son)
View attachment 3340248

Bella (left) and Gizelle (right)
View attachment 3340249

They’re a barnyard mix, which is what I wanted. I think Bella is the one making baby-peeps, she could be about 16-18 weeks old. She’s tiny and has some Frizzle in her.
Gorgeous little ones! Angel and Gizelle remind me of Peggy - maybe there will be some blue eggs one day! Bella is a darling, with quite a comb for someone with a hat!

I imagine pullets from the zoo would be healthy. What are your thoughts?

Gorgeous little ones! Angel and Gizelle remind me of Peggy - maybe there will be some blue eggs one day! Bella is a darling, with quite a comb for someone with a hat!

I imagine pullets from the zoo would be healthy. What are your thoughts?
I soooo hope so! :fl Naturally they don’t vaccinate for Marek’s, nor could they tell me if the mamas were long-lived, so I guess we’ll just cross our fingers.

Back
Top Bottom