MJ's little flock

Has Edie laid any eggs in a box yet?
Only one. She was copying Janet that day. But the next day she forgot about the nest again!

Her eggs are so small, I'm guessing she thinks they're just poops.

I'm sure she'll learn the difference with a little more time.

Edie says, "If I ever lay an egg, of course I'll put it in a nest, sheesh! I know what I'm doing, you know. But I haven't laid any yet! I have some very big poops, yes, but no eggs. Besides, Aunty Mary said pooping in the nest is rude."

IMG_2023-02-09-07-54-03-329~2.jpg

Edie says, "If I ever lay an egg, of course I'll put it in a nest, sheesh! I know what I'm doing, you know. But I haven't laid any yet! I have some very big poops, yes, but no eggs. Besides, Aunty Mary said pooping in the nest is rude."

View attachment 3399903
She has grown so much and her combs and wattles are impressive now!
She looks like a big hen, or is it just the picture ?

She has grown so much and her combs and wattles are impressive now!
She looks like a big hen, or is it just the picture ?
I don't expect her to get much taller, but I think she's still growing sideways. She's going to be a lovely big hen soon.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find eggs dropped like poops endearing? No? Just me then. :oops:
It is kind of endearing but what I think is it's an indication of the personality to come. Some pullets are just too busy wanting to do other stuff instead of concentrating on the task at hand. It's a common fault in people as well.:p

Back
Top Bottom