MJ's little flock

On the other hand, at long last one of the hens has worked out how to open the treadle feeder!

It was Mary! Clever chicken. And Peggy was freeloading on Mary's fancy footwork. I'm hopeful her friends will follow her lead in time.

I tried to get a photo but just as I appeared, she stepped off to have a sip and Peggy decided not to step up. You can see the feeder slowly closing.

IMG_2023-03-26-11-24-00-385.jpg

On the other hand, at long last one of the hens has worked out how to open the treadle feeder!

It was Mary! Clever chicken. And Peggy was freeloading on Mary's fancy footwork. I'm hopeful her friends will follow her lead in time.

I tried to get a photo but just as I appeared, she stepped off to have a sip and Peggy decided not to step up. You can see the feeder slowly closing.

View attachment 3444053
That's so exciting! I thought they had been using it. This has taken quite a while.

That's so exciting! I thought they had been using it. This has taken quite a while.
Well, for a long while it wasn't in use. Then when the marauders moved in, I had cause to bring it out again and the training had to start from scratch, so it's been 4 months or thereabouts. I'm glad she finally cracked it. I like the idea of pigeons not eating the chickens' food.

Back
Top Bottom