MJ's little flock

I hate when I have days like that.
Perhaps a sign you have been doing too much and need a bit of a break?
It's been a hectic week and I do need a quiet restorative day, but that wasn't the trigger.
I find my days like that come after a sleepless night.
I slept quite well the night before.
Are these incidents correlated? :)
Yes.

I went to the reconciliation barbeque and sat in the yarning circle. Between watching the flames and smoke and listening to Elijah and Uncle Dookie tell their yarns, I dropped my keys without knowing it. Then my mind timeshifted the meeting from 1.30 to 2. I kept checking the time to make sure I got there on time at 2. It was precisely 2 by the time I'd been to security to report my keys missing and ask for my office door to be unlocked. Of course, the meeting was over. Then I didn't know how to get home without my keys, so I cancelled the plumber, grabbed my things, left the office door unlocked and went back to security in case my keys had turned up. They had. So I messaged the plumber again and raced home to meet him at 2.30.

Yarning circles are not wise on days with meetings. They're too hypnotic.

Other strange things happened yesterday too. But nothing else relating to the yarning circle, and nothing relating to the chickens.

She's never far away 🤗

IMG_2023-06-02-17-09-49-956.jpg

Joyce and Christa are just back from Joyce's follow up and it's not great news. Her poops have reverted to quite thin since Monday and when Mark felt her abdomen he said she hadn't improved much.

So we're trying surgery on Monday. It's a bit of a long shot, but I'd rather go for it than opt for euthanasia. There's a chance it might work out for the better, so she might as well have a go at it.

Joyce and Christa are just back from Joyce's follow up and it's not great news. Her poops have reverted to quite thin since Monday and when Mark felt her abdomen he said she hadn't improved much.

So we're trying surgery on Monday. It's a bit of a long shot, but I'd rather go for it than opt for euthanasia. There's a chance it might work out for the better, so she might as well have a go at it.
Sorry to hear this, I'm sure we were all hoping she could do without.
A small chance is always better than none, though. Hoping for a good outcome.

Sorry to hear this, I'm sure we were all hoping she could do without.
A small chance is always better than none, though. Hoping for a good outcome.
Mark is a good surgeon. Twice before I thought a hen wouldn't survive surgery and they do. So I haven't quite given up hope yet.

I know you must be terribly stressed over this. I'm glad she will get that chance. ❤️‍🩹

I know you must be terribly stressed over this. I'm glad she will get that chance. ❤️‍🩹
Thank you. I'm a bit philosophical about life and death. It's how someone lives that matters and she lived with a lot joie de vivre until her EYP started. Even now, her life is mostly joyful, so on the whole she has lived well so far, causing very little harm and consuming no more than her due.

Back
Top Bottom